Monday, August 2, 2010

Pizza and a Piano

Well I'm 37 weeks, and little Ryan could arrive any time. Most likely, he'll go right to his due date, maybe even a little past. That's pretty normal with first pregnancies so I hear. They'll be checking to see if I'm dilated at my appointment this week, which could mean he'll be coming in a few days, or another few weeks. Either way I'm so excited for him to come. Everything's all ready to go!

As our summer is starting to draw to a close, we enjoyed a fun "Pizza Date" with our friends, Todd and Lisa. We each designed personal pizzas. It made me laugh to see how each person designed his/hers. It was a pretty good indication of our personalities. The boys wanted every topping on the table, and threw it all over their pizzas haphazardly. Lisa and I made ours much more organized and aesthetically pleasing. For dessert, Lisa made an amazing fruit and cookie pizza. A true masterpiece that would make Martha Stewart proud. We had a really fun time. Here are some pictures from the event.



This past week, my dear husband surprised me by getting me a piano for our home. I've wanted one for over a year now, but it hasn't been in the financial cards for us. As it turned out, Brenton was researching pianos in the local ads for weeks looking for an affordable one. He found that renting one (not even a good one, mind you) was around $50 a month. We didn't want to add another monthly payment to our budget, so that was out. However, he found someone who was moving that week, and was selling a piano for $300. Brenton talked him down to $250, and had it deliverd for free to our house the very next day. I am so happy to have it! It felt so good to sit down and play a Chopin waltz, Beethoven Sonata, even just several scales! It' s a small upright, fits perfectly for our home, and will do nicely for us to have the next few years. It has brought me so much joy already. I am amazed continually at what an incredible husband I have. I marvel every single day at how fortunate I am to have someone as wonderful as him. I truly believe he wakes up each day and thinks, "What can I do to make my sweet wife happy today?" I love him more than I can type in a blogpost, that's for sure. Oh, and did I mention that his birthday is this week? And instead of thinking about himself, he gets me a piano? Amazing. (Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about his big day. The presents are already purchased and wrapped).

5 comments:

  1. ohhh I might have to steal that idea for a pizza night! looks like fun, and YUMMY! :)

    P.S. Your hubby is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally awesome you got a piano! Brenton has always been a very thoughtful person -- the best hometeacher ever. I have a quilt ready for little Ryan, but at the rate we see you, you may not get it until Ralph and Linnea come out for Ryan's blessing??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so adorable with your pregnant belly, you must be so excited/ready. I know I'm only 25 weeks & I am so ready to meet our baby Wyatt. :o) By the way, your hair looks Great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that every young mother should have a good Chopin Liszt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good man! I think it's a good thing you're having a boy first. Can you imagine how much your first little girl will have Daddy wrapped around her little finger, seeing how sweet he is to you? You'll probably have four little boys, and then one very treasured, very darling, very very spoiled little girl- who will be charmingly "the most horrible".

    ReplyDelete