Sunday, August 15, 2010

39 Weeks, Visit from Dad, and a Lovely Lunch Date

Well, here's a quick overview of my past week. For starters, it was odd to wake up each day and not go into work. However, I was so grateful for the much needed rest. Until little Ry-guy gets here, I've told myself that no matter what I'm up to, whenever I feel the urge to take a nap, I will. For the next 20-some-odd years I will no longer have that luxury, so I think I have every right to take advantage of it for a few short weeks. Since I'm still not getting sleep at night, these naps are wonderful.

Second, on Monday Brenton and I went up to Salt Lake to visit my dad for a few hours. He was here on business. We enjoyed a quiet lunch with him and had a wonderful time visiting. I can't tell you how great it was to see my dad. I have no immediate family out here, and so I miss them often. It was a joy to simply chat together and see his smiling face. Dad brought with him a build-a-bear for Ryan that my little niece Anny made with Grandma a few weeks ago. It's adorable, complete with a full Orioles outfit, including the glove, ball, and bat. Brenton thought to name him Cal, and then Dad chimed in with the last name of "Ripbear." So cute! I can just see a future little Ryan dragging his bear by the ear saying, "Mom, I'm gonna go watch the game with Daddy and Cal Ripbear." Dad also brought me a beautiful, real rose, preserved in a glossed coating and brushed with gold. It's the most enchanting "Belle" rose that I've ever seen. It took my breath away. I didn't know you could do something like that. A real rose! Preserved forever! It' s absolutely beautiful. We're getting a bell jar to put it in so it can be just like Belle's. I love it so much. Even though it was a short visit, I was so happy we were able to see my dad. It's nice to know that even though I'm about to become a mommy, I'm still his little girl, too.


Later in the week, Brenton texted me letting me know that he was coming home for lunch that day. A surprise lunch date! Yay! I was glad he let me know ahead of time, so that I could put on something cute, do my hair, and make a tasty lunch. I decided to make it as charming as I could so I set the table all pretty, and even put sprigs of sweet basil into our glasses for the cherry lemonade. Brenton was happy that he could come home and enjoy a meal already prepared, and I was happy because I got to see him for a little bit during the day. It's nice to know that we can still celebrate the little things, and show our affection for each other on any day of the week. He's still my white knight, and I'm still his lovely lady. It was a charming break from the day.

And now it's Sunday again, which marks my 39th week of pregnancy. Ryan is just days away from arriving! I'm not sure when I'll be putting another post on here, but this just may be the last one before the little guy decides to come out. We can't wait! So be checking for when I put up pictures of our little sweetheart.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that rose is gorgeous! I didn't know they could do stuff like that either! And I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a little lunch date with Brenton. :) You have really cute tableware!

    I hope you're able to see your little guy soon... can't wait to see pictures of when he makes his appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's that on the lunch plates? It looks yummy! You're a thoughtful wife, I haven't once put that much effort into a lunch for my hubbie. Basil sprigs in the lemonade- how do you think of these things?! I pull out a frosty mug and a pepsi and think I'm being extra nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's breaded talapia with cooked zucchini and cherry tomatoes. Frosty mugs and pepsi sounds good to me!! And the only reason I can still think of these things is because the baby hasn't come out yet. I only have a few days left to be this creative, so I'm trying to make them count!

    ReplyDelete