Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On the Upswing?

Could this be the end of the horrible nausea? It's only my 10th week, but the past three days I really haven't felt any long-lasting tummy aches (knock on wood), and have been pretty comfortable with eating whatever I want. It is common that as you get to the last few weeks of the first trimester, some of the stomach symptoms wear off. I hope this isn't just a few days of relief only for it to come back with a vengeance. I still have aversions to certain smells and tastes, but for the most part it's been a much easier week for my tummy.

In other news, I'm starting to show. Right now it's just a small bump mixed with the seemingly jiggly fat, which is actually water due to the "baby bloat." However, as the days go by my stomach is getting less flabby, yet not getting any skinnier. I can no longer wear most of my normal clothes, unless the pants are low-rise, and the shirts are long and stretchy. I've started wearing maternity dresses and pants to work because quite frankly they're much more comfortable, and because there really is a bump there now. It's funny as I interview prospective students at my work, they all look at my tummy. The post-pregnant women sort of smile and give me a knowing glance or wink. Most of the men look, and you can literally watch them mentally contemplate whether or not to say anything, decide against it, but keep awkwardly glancing at my stomach for the next hour and a half. It's kind of amusing, actually.

Now that my amazing blanket it finished, I've begun a new project. I'm crocheting stacking rings for the baby. They all slide onto a small post that I made first. The theme is pond animals. I've completed the base, and two of the three rings, and it's looking so adorable. I'll most likely be done by the weekend, and can post up some pictures of that. I know I don't really put pictures up on my blog. Most of the time they just get posted on facebook, or I make a kodak album and send them off to family. I'm sure once the little peanut-sized Hoyos baby arrives, there'll be plenty of pictures on here to enjoy.

That's about it for now. My other goal for the week is to make our new place look decent enough so that I can send pictures of it to the family. No one on the Abernathy side has seen it yet, just the two Hoyos siblings who live out here. Other than that, it's just a date with my husband tomorrow night, slowly getting my appetite back, and reading books about my growing little sweetheart, soon to be the most precious gift in Brenton's and my life.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling better. Even if it does come back in full force, it shouldn't be for long. Most women get over the nausea between the 12th and 14th weeks. You just wake up one morning, and feel better! How about a profile photo, showing off the tummy? Maybe you can hold up your little crocheted baby rings up to your tummy. By the way I hope those are ok to wash, as they are most likely to be slobbered on way before they're correctly placed in order on the post. Have you thought about adding jingle bells with the stuffing for the rings? They can be musical pond animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! I'm glad I found your blog! Congrats on being pregnant! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete