Monday, December 14, 2009

Turning 23 means a gift from Tiffany!

I've mentioned a few times to Brenton that I would like a light pink necklace to match my light pink butterfly earrings my dad got me a few years ago. I have a deep, magenta-pink necklace that looks wonderful with bright pinks, but I've wanted a light pink one for awhile now. I figured Brenton would go to Macy's or Target and find a simple, cheap necklace that would work just fine. In fact, I was pretty positive that was what I'd be receiving on my birthday, and was perfectly pleased.

I woke up this morning to the smell of bacon, fruit, and pancakes. Brenton brought me breakfast in bed comprising of berry pancakes with a layer of whipped cream on the top and a smile made with berries, to create a pancake snowman face, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Of course the meal would not be complete without a glass of "birthday orange juice." In my early years of college, my roommates and I decided that the best orange juice from the store was "Simply Orange." However, that orange juice is immensely expensive, so we dubbed it Birthday Orange Juice, because we could only afford it on special occasions. The name and tradition has stuck ever since.

After breakfast Brenton asked me to close my eyes. I knew the pink necklace was on it's way. He placed a tissue-wrapped parcel on my lap. I began to untie the ribbon at the top when I noticed a very light printing on the tissue paper reading, "TIFFANY AND CO." I was shocked. There was no way he got me something from Tiffany's. Sure enough, as the tissue paper fell off there lay the infamous turquoise box with the white ribbon tied around it. I've never seen that color turquoise on anything else but a Tiffany's box. I pulled off the ribbon and lifted the lid. There was a small card inside in which Brenton had printed a quote from "Breakfast at Tiffany's." It read, "You know those days when you get the reds? The only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it. Nothing very bad could happen to you there." And then there was the soft turquoise leather bag. I carefully loosed the ties, and pulled out a beautiful, silver necklace with a light pink, sparkly heart pendant. It was so beautiful. Every tiny little detail on it was perfect, and so delicate.

I have an amazing husband. He is so kind and good to me. I know that he is the best decision I have ever made. I love that he knows just how to treat and make me feel like quite a lady. So here's to turning 23! May it be all that I dream for it to be.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so amazing! What a sweetheart! You definitley lucked out with a great guy. :)

    Oh, and you are a great storyteller, by the way. Love how you describe every detail! From what little bit I was able to get to know about you in the pageant, I can tell that you are a sweet, wonderful girl who definitely deserves a necklace from Tiffany's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually french toast... haha, guess it was too early to tell. (and being smothered in berries and whipped cream might have caused the confusion too).
    I love you Katie. Yes, you are worth every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on- what about a picture of the necklace?!!! I've never seen anything from Tiffany's before- post a picture!!!

    Happy Birthday sweetheart. I'm glad it was made special by the only person in the world who knows really how to do that right for you.

    ReplyDelete