Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Menu

I'm attempting to cook my own Thanksgiving dinner for the first time. It's going to be just me and my sweet husband, Brenton. Here's our menu.
*
Stuffed Cornish Hens
Vanilla Cornbread Stuffing
Some type of rolls (Brenton's in charge of that)
Cheesy Potatoes (Again, Brenton's assignment)
Assorted Relish Tray
Steamed Asparagus
Creamed Broccoli
Fresh apple, with a zest of orange, Cranberry Salad
Sweetened Sweet Potatoes with a brulee'd marshmallow coating
Crisp Sparkling Cider
Fresh Apple Cranberry Pie
Whipped Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
Mulled, Spiced Cider (for dessert with the pies)
*
I know it will be a challenge, but I think I can handle it, and I'm pretty excited to try. One of the greatest things about the Thanksgiving meal is that you can pile everything on your plate, let it all blend together, and it still tastes good. It also makes fantastic leftovers. We're going shopping for everything this weekend, and we've been really careful with our grocery budget this month so that we can go all out for Thanksgiving. If you would like any of the recipes for the dishes on the menu, let me know. My mom can make all of this completely gluten, dairy, nut, and fresh fruit free by the way. She's amazing like that.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, can I have the cheesy potatoes and pumpkin cheesecake pie recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apple cranberry pie sounds delish! Could you share that recipe please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom can make whipped cheesecake pumpkin pie dairy free?!!! Wow, I want that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Sorry lizzy. Mom doesn't like Pumpkin pie cheesecake. She thinks it desecrates the pumpkin. It's my own recipe. :-( I guess if you found dairy-free cool whip that could work.

    ReplyDelete