Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Celebrating Early is the Way to Go!

Brenton and I decided that we could save a lot of money if we simply celebrated Valentine's Day a few days earlier than the 14th. So on Wednesday the 9th Brenton took a half day at work and took me out to lunch. Earlier in the day a beautiful bouquet of roses was delivered to our door. I was not expecting that at all.


We ate lunch at Tucanos Brazilian Grill. It's one of our favorite places. Brenton had a $50 for $25 coupon, and so we were even able to get dessert! The food is so delicious, and it felt great to get dressed up, get out of the house, and spend time with my sweetheart. 

Upon arriving home, I noticed another package on our doorstep. As I picked it up I read, "Godiva" on the side. My dear husband had sent me chocolates, too. And not just any chocolates, but Godiva!!! You don't eat Godiva chocolates, you experience them. It's a symphony for your mouth every time. I'm in love with their chocolate. 

In addition to these lovely tokens of affection, Brenton bought me a hat in the style of my favorite actress, Audrey Hepburn. I love her style. I think she is such a classy, timeless lady, and I love emulating her fashion sense. I was so excited to wear it to church this past Sunday. 

And now the real question you're all asking is, "but on actual Valentine's Day, didn't you feel left out?" The answer is, "nope!" I had beautiful flowers to look at, amazing chocolate to eat, and a flooded dishwasher and disposal to take care of. If we hadn't have celebrated early, that would have ruined my day, but since we'd already done something special, I could attack the problem, get it fixed, and be grateful it didn't spoil any plans that we had made. A win-win in my book!!! 

Life's moving on, and I'm so grateful to be married to my best friend. He is more than I could have ever hoped for in a spouse. I am continually amazed by his sincere love for me, his kindness, generosity, and adoration. He is my hero, and I love him with all my heart. Not to mention we have the most incredible, adorable, sweet baby boy in the whole world. My boys are amazing and my cup runneth over. 

1 comment: