Sunday, October 17, 2010

When Brenton Proposed

Two years ago today, a boy I was very much in love with took me on a date. We walked down south of campus by the Botany Pond and had a picnic. He pulled out two plastic champagne flutes, a bottle of sparkling cider, and a lovely dinner. We sat and ate happily, and then fed the ducks at the pond. A few minutes later, we went for a walk on the brick trail just by the pond. As we walked by a certain tree, I heard music playing. The boy lead me to the tree where a pink rose was laid on a rock. He handed me the rose, sang to me, and got down on one knee, holding out a beautiful, heart-shaped diamond ring. He looked up at me and said, "Katie, you are my best friend. I want you to be my best friend for forever. Will you marry me?" I had planned exactly how I'd respond in my head dozens of times, but I was so excited I simply blurted out, "Yes!" And suddenly, I was engaged to a boy named Brenton, who has made me, and continues to make me the happiest girl in the world.




3 comments:

  1. I read the title of your blog and thought, "Oh boy- a cheesy newlywed entry". I read it knowing exactly what it would be, and still teared up!! I can't not be happy seeing you in those pictures. Happy 2nd Anniversary of your Proposal kate! There should be a Hallmark card for that . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Katie, it gave me the chills when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Katie! I LOVE that last picture of him with the victory fist, lol, awesome! You guys are great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete